Linux, DevOps and Open Source Fanatic. Specializing in Linux and I currently work as a DevOps Engineer @Jumo.World. I have a high level of curiosity, so everything tech fascinates me, currently fascinated with Docker, LXD/LXC, Elasticsearch, MongoDb, Concourse CI and Python Flask
Jumo 2017-06-01 - Current
DevOps Engineer for Jumo. The business is a mobile financial services platform for mobile network operators and banks. The platform facilitates digital financial services such as credit and savings in emerging markets by way of USSD short codes.
- Amazon Web Services
- Docker Swarm, Ansible, Chef, Concourse CI, Monitoring, Elasticsearch, Analytics
- Python, Ruby Scripting
- Architecting, Providing Solutions for Real World Problems, Ensure Uptime, Chaos Simulation for HA,
Amazon Web Services 2014-08-01 — 2017-05-31
Within AWS Premium Support Team. Provide Technical, Architectural and Overall supoort to AWS Customers that is subscribed to Developer, Business and Enterprise Support, withing the BigData environment.
- Provide support on services like, EMR (Elastic MapReduce), DynamoDB (NoSQL), Kinesis, Kinesis Firehose, DataPipeline, Elasticsearch, MachineLearning
- Technical Support may include assisting customers troubleshooting Cluster Performance, why Jobs fail, best practices, General Guidance, Architectural advice, etc.
- Many times, we need to reproduce certain scenarios, in order to determine the root cause of support cases
- Wrote a script to generate massive amounts of random data using the Faker library for Python, which helps with getting datasets of 20-40GB in a couple of minutes.
Amazon Web Services 2014-08-01 — 2014-10-01
Providing Support for Customers with EC2 Linux related issues.
- Customers seek for support on EC2 related issues that they might face.
- Technical support may include topics like, instance performance, reachability issues, assisting with deployments, best practices, securing instances, etc.
- After a month, I was asked if I would be interested in BigData, at the time I had no knowledge about BigData, but saw it as a challenge, and jumped right in.
Computicket 2014-03-01 — 2014-07-31
Responsible for Managing Linux Servers, within the Computicket Data Center
- Ensure Uptime, making sure all Linux Systems are Patched and that system load remains in a acceptable level during high-load events
- Assisting developers during testing, development stages to provision or support their environments
- Supporting internal clients with any issues they may be faced with
- Assisting after hours for upgrades, maintenance etc.
Automated Outsourcing Services (AOS) 2013-09-01 — 2014-02-28
Managed Linux/Unix Servers and providing support for internal developers.
- Ensure uptime, maintenance, making sure backups are in place
- Assisting internal developers when they are facing performance issues on database servers
- Assisting the rest of the team when they seek an Linux related support
- Providing monthly shutdown/maintenance on servers/environment
Imperial Online (ISP) 2009-09-01 — 2013-08-31
Team Lead, Responsible for Managing +- 80 Linux Servers in a Internet Service Provider environment
- Architecting customized solutions that fit customers needs
- Ensure uptime, management on Linux servers, making sure backups and DR is in place
- Assisting colleagues with Linux related advice, training etc.
- Research and Development
- Actioning or assisting with support related tickets
Imperial Online (ISP) 2008-03-01 — 2009-08-31
Providing Desktop Support for all customers
- In 2009, I was assigned to be a dedicated engineer for Imperial Car Rental, Europcar and Tempest Car Hire
- Same time, became second in line to our Manager
- Assisting customers with support in Email, PC issues, Printers, PC Reloads, Scripting, everything else that resides in the desktop support space
- Assisted the second tier support with common server rebuilds, exchange offline defrags, etc.
Conexus 2007-07-14 — 2008-02-28
Heldesk Agent for Imperial Online
- Providing basic support, if we could not assist, we would then log the request with Imperial Online Operations team
- Providing Customers with Updates on case status, resolution, etc.
CTI, Potchefstroom 2006-01-16 — 2006-12-15
Hosting, ISP Env
- Linux System Administration
- XtreemFS (Distributed Storage)
- Python Flask
- Node.js (Basics)
- Citrix Xen
- Ansible (Basics)
- Python (Basics)